Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Bathroom Full of Kittens

I have FIVE female kittens in my bathroom.

All were at one time various shades of wild, but I've got three of them almost completely tame now.  Two are completely tame, Winnie and Copper, and they are spoken for.  I just need to find somewhere to get them fixed.  It's not that easy around here to find that.

Copper

Winnie
Besides Copper and Winnie, I have Meadow and Cheetah, also from McLagan.  Meadow is practically tame now and Cheetah is getting there.   Adding to those four, from McLagan, is Twilight from Harvest Drive. 
Twilight, the latest girl kitten in the bathroom.  She's from Harvest Drive.
Blizz and Rabbit, long gone now to Animal Rescue and Care Fund, Twilight's brothers.

Twilight is Blizz and Rabbit's sister.   After trapping Blizz, Rabbit, Jakarta and the kittens' mom Gypsy, I had given up, due to pouring rains, and catching too many possums and skunks.  There was nowhere specific to trap because they were not being fed.  So I returned Gypsy as she was the remaining kittens only chance.  Gypsy was fixed first, of course. 

When the home owners returned from vacation, they agreed to feed in a tied open trap until the kittens and Gypsy were eating in it, then we would retrap Gypsy and catch the kittens.  We caught Twilight night before last and yesterday afternoon, Gypsy.
Gypsy loves wet food, so when I took the couple wet food for bait, I knew she'd be next caught and she was.

I had taken three cats to be fixed at Heartland in a long standing appointment.  Two lucky kittens to be fixed hail from Columbus Greens trailer park, both black, both bottle fed by their rescuer, and now are fixed and she's trying to find them homes.  The third cat to fill those appointments was to be Copper, the buff orange girl kitten, but in the meantime, I'd caught Winter, the Circle K mom cat, who I'd been after forever.  So she was fixed.  I was to pick her up after she was fixed and meet my barn cat placement friend in Salem with her.
Here's Winter last fall, when I was trapping her last litter of four.  No, that is not a right ear tip, its just the way the photo turned out.

And Winter yesterday.  She looks big but she weighed in at under 7 lbs.

But then I got the call from the Harvest Drive folks that they'd recaught Gypsy, so I swung by and picked her up and took my friend both girls.  She still has Gypsy's daughter from a previous litter, Jakarta.  So Gypsy and Jakarta will be placed together.  And she actually adopted Twinkie, now named Pickle, one of Winter's kittens from her first litter this summer, whom I trapped at the Circle K dumpster.
This is Twinkie when he was still here, one of Winter's kittens from the first batch of three, spotted in the Circle K parking lot, near starved.  He was adopted by my barn cat placement friend and her husband, who now call him Pickle.  Ironic they now have Winter, his mom, there too.  But she will be placed as a barn cat.
And this is Jakarta, a teen girl, from Harvest Drive, and likely Gypsy's kitten from a previous litter.  She looks so much like Rabbit, the boy kitten from Gypsy's last litter.  She went to my barn cat placement friend, who still has her, so Gypsy and Jakarta will be placed together.

So that's the story of yesterday and how I came to have five kittens in my bathroom instead of four.   I hope to soon find somewhere to get Copper and Winnie fixed so they can go off to my friend who will provide them a great home.   That way I can better completely tame the other three.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck. I hope you find somewhere for Copper and Winnie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copper and Winnie have a home here in town ready for them. I just have to find a place to get them fixed first.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:34 PM

    There are some great photos there. How cute are Blizz and Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are darling, those boys. And now I've caught another of their siblings besides Twilight, looks like Rabbit, but another girl.

      Delete
  3. I feel like I read this last night and left a comment. ~shakes head~ It could be that I can't keep track of all your good works. ~grin~ Best wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have ready about Gypsy, Jakarta, Blizz and Rabbit before. And about Winter, last post, catching her, and about Twinkie before, last summer. I'm just trying to keep the Soap Opera cat families and struggles straight in my own brain, in all the twists and turns to a lot of stories. And now, and now, I've caught another kitten out on Harvest, another sibling to Rabbit, Blizz and Twilight. This one, yes, another girl. Guess I'll call her Pisces.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...